Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weekend with Family


This weekend was an awesome weekend with both my and FH's families. On Saturday, we went over to my Aunt Wendy and Uncle Brian's house for what turned out to be a day-long project. The family went in on a swingset for my two adorable cousins: K4 and K2. We expected to spend a few hours, but after 8 hours from FH and I, we were spent. The others spent 10+ hours!

Normally with a project of this magnitude, there would be emotions running high with family members and probably some short tempers. Not the case! FH was the entertainer and the foreman of the project, while there were several of us dividing and conquering the tasks as a part of the larger goal.

There were some mentions of the wedding being less than a year away and I sensed some genuine excitement which was really pleasant. I even got an offer of financial help/significant gift from my big brother. Have no clue where to even start on that one!

After 8 hours of swingset assembly, dark set in, and ND kickoff time approached. FH and I headed out separately to meet up at FBIL1 (future brother-in-law #1) and FSIL's house later. Got to watch the Irish win handily, as they should have, and spend some time with the family into which I'm marrying. It was a really relaxing night and I got some serious schooling (and later, some very kind instruction) on darts with FBIL1 and FH. FH and I had a great talk about family dynamics coming home late Saturday night.

Today, the family finished the swingset and I have gotten a lot of very long overdue tasks done around my apartment. I'm still obsessing about the briet, though. I've had two solid weeks were I have been at or not more than 200 calories over my daily calorie allowance. I'm not noticing instant results, so it is hard for me not to get discouraged, and to find the motivation to continue. Now that I know I can handle the diet part (Lose It! app on iPhone keeps me accountable), I need to make the time to get to the gym more often. I also found a great app on my iPhone that has workouts on it, so hopefully that can help me do some great workouts at home. I leave in just over 6 weeks for Cancun with the FILs, so I have to stay diligent!

We meet with our prospective photographer next week, but otherwise, the wedding planning has slowed. I had a meeting on Friday with our web designer, and I'm excited to see that keep moving. I think I had some really creative ideas, but I would love to hear any other ideas that have worked well for others.

I'm hoping to keep my posting more regular, but with my life? Who knows! Happy daylight savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment