Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dresses!

I am excited to report that I have my first appointment to try on wedding gowns on Thursday. I'm going with my mom to a place near my apartment which is locally owned and operated. The upside is that everything looks affordable, and is a local business. The downside I have concerns about is that they are all sample dresses of the latest bridal gowns, but I'm worried that they'll be damaged or that the sample sizes will be too small for me to fit. I guess we'll find out!

I have another appointment on Jan 18th since I'm off and I've found a designer that I am thrilled with -- but who knows what the prices are like. The second place has options for the bridesmaid dresses, so I'm feeling a little more excited about the other place -- more size and selection.

I'm not even 100% sure what I'm looking for, but I know what I don't want: mermaid, dropped waist, gathering in the skirt, sweetheart neckline. I think I'd like something in taffeta or some other substantial, reusable material with lace and a corset back. I've found some stunning gowns from Casablanca that make me lose my breath!

I am really looking forward to the feeling I'll have when I start putting dresses on. I hope I finally start to feel like a bride. Most of all, I'm wondering if I'll really have the "you'll know" feeling when I put on the dress that I choose to wear down the aisle... or does it choose me?

No comments:

Post a Comment