Friday, August 21, 2009

No surprise, I got busy

Anyone out there who knows me is completely aware of how over-committed I am! I'm hoping that things will begin to moderate a bit now that we have all hands back on deck at work.

The briet has been really up and down. My first phase ends on September 30th. I have been back on the wagon and committed for three glorious days... not so exciting to report, but it feels really good to know that I'm succeeding. I have renewed sense of drive thanks to a wonderful heart-to-heart with FH (Future Husband).

The wedding planning comes along slowly, but three BIG pieces are coming together! First, we met with the most affordable and in our range reception venue in early August. Turns out I was confused about their prices, but I told the gentleman what my firm budget and expected guests were and he caved! We want to let him know by the end of next week. That brings us to the second piece, the church. Adrian and I want to be married in a church because we both have a deeply rooted faith. The problem is that we are about to join a WONDERFUL church that won't fit all of our guests! So, we decided to look into other local churches which would marry us and allow our many must-haves (a friend assisting as minister, our own soloists, customizing the service), etc. We have another church which has capacity and the time slot open that we are hoping to figure out soon.

The other big piece that has fallen into fairly cemented place is our photographer! After many hours of research, I went back to one of the first photographers I had in mind. She's trying to start up her business and her website and will do our ENTIRE WEEKEND at one flat rate, and edit and hand over ALL of the high-res images on DVD. Best part is that we can have a free engagement shoot, too! We'll have all the photos on CD for hundreds under our budget so we can just buy our albums through shutterfly/snapfish! Very, very exciting.

The only other big step is that I've officially asked one of my three attendants to stand for me. I plan to have a maid of honor, matron of honor and bridesmaid. I tackled the most difficult first and asked by fantastically wonderful girlfriend who makes everything in life seem better after being around her to be my maid of honor and she accepted! It made my month. One down, two to go!

More info to come. Hoping to finalize the locations and set the date by the end of next week! I won't allow my mind to wander to any of the fun stuff yet, but I'll be sure to keep it posted when I do! Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment